It is imortant to get a burnout diagnosis in writing, before employer tries to create circumstance in order to fire you. One known trick is to establish bad working relationships, put that in writing, before you have a diagnosis in writing.
To get a diagnosis in writing:
1. either get a psychologist to do it, see underneath including their email:
- Amsterdam-Noord: from 1 feb 2020 onwards: email@example.com, drs. psychology, tel 020 618 3844 linkedin profiel, A&O en GZ psycholoog https://www.linkedin.com/in/arjan-oud/
- Putten: firstname.lastname@example.org, psychologist (female)
- Nijmegen: email@example.com, psychologist (male)
Costs: pay yourself, 350 euro ex BTW.
2. to get a second opinion from a different (self choose) company doctor, for example because first one refuses to follow burnout guideline and tests ‘NVAB richtlijn burnout pdf’ and tests 4DKL SCL-90 Ubos).
Mail and make sure they adhere to burnout guideline and tests (confirm by email): https://expertise-instituut.nl/ Or: https://www.bedrijfsartsensecondopinion.nl/bedrijfsartsen – pick one, make sure in advance he follows NVAB guidelines including the burnout guideline, and ‘go’.
Costs may be as high as 800-1000 euro for diagnosis, but it is worth it not to be dismissed. Besides, legally employer has te reimburse you these costs. Pay the bill, hand bill to employer and ask to reimburse you. If they refuse: mail firstname.lastname@example.org (debt agency) and they will get the money to you.
Form: https://burnout.nl/sb_wp/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Collectieve-overeenkomst-Stichting-Burnout.pdf for email@example.com. Info about the debt agency: https://burnout.nl/sb_wp/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Medicas-Informatiebrochure-1.pdf
NICE: send a copy of diagnosis to your employer, stating in writing you admit he keeps it on file (otherwise employer will say ‘no medical records on file) and ask whether it would be good to send copy to UWV.
Latter will scare them; good moment to hand in a burnout recovery program from Stiching Burnout and ask for approval. ‘That will prevent bezava’ you say. Bezava: a fine of 200.000- 800.000 euro the employer gets when you leave the company ill. That is why lots of employers try first to deny burnout (if they sack you without burnout diagnosis, no bezava = problem solved), but when you have burnout diagnosis in writing with copy to UWV, change towards win-win solution: have you recovered within 2 years = signing and paying burnout recovery program from Stichting Burnout.
Meanwhile: send your diagnosis to UWV anyway, department sickness, PO box 57015 1040 CT Amsterdam, and say ’employer wants to deny burnout and invents grounds for dismissal or vso = vaststellingsovereenkomst whilst ill’