Stichting Burnout is a burnout recovery agency, not a law firm. Read the legal stuff on our site, but for further legal questions to not contact us but a law firm, googling on ‘advocaat arbeidsrecht reintegratie CITY’.
Almost all expats, upon expressing burnout feelings, are mobbed away by employers in the Netherlands. This is because of ‘bezava’, a fine companies get when an employee leaves the company ill. This fine is between 200.000-800.000 euro, an amount for which any employer is prepared to lie and pay a company doctor in order to lie too. Most employers find it easier to deny burnout, say nothing about it and mob you away, instead of paying for proper burnout recovery coaching (as with Stichting Burnout).
These are the steps you should take:
- demand that burnout guideline including tests is followed: https://nvab-online.nl/sites/default/files/bestanden-webpaginas/MDRL_Overspanning-Burnout.pdf
- As employer and company doctor will probably refuse to follow guideline and tests, take the tests at Stichting Burnout: info@burnout, mention city and phone numer.
- When the tests indicate burnout, go for a burnout diagnosis in writing, https://burnout.nl/burn-out-help-for-english-speakers-expats-netherlands/getting-a-burnout-diagnosis-writing/, otherwise all involved will deny.
- Get a lawyer, google ‘advocaat arbeidsrecht reintegratie CITY’ to let you explain your situation. Also read the blog on our site, but do not contact us/Stichting Burnout for legal advice as we are psychologists and not lawyers.
- When you are interested in RECOVERING from burnout (burnout will never recover by vacation, time or jumping to next job) ask for an orientational meeting with a burnout specialist from us to write a burnout recovery plan. Having a written burnout recovery plan will also help you legally.
- Now comes the big step: give burnout diagnosis and burnout recovery plan to your lawyer, and press he sums up the employer to approve the burnout recovery coaching.
- Now comes another big step: write UWV, afdeling ziektewet = sickness department PO box 57015 1040 CT Amsterdam, what your employer did to you, include your written diagnosis, include the recovery plan from Stichting Burnout your employer so far refused to finance. Ask UWV to FINE your employer with ‘UWV loonsancties’ until employer finally follows law ‘Wet Verbetering Poortwachter’ and pays for burnout recovery coaching.
The big winner is: test results + written burnout diagnosis + lawyer + burnout recovery plan Stichting Burnout + writing UWV.